How To Stick To Your New Year’s Resolution
Happy New Year, Dental Babes! First and foremost, we’d like to thank you for another year of shared dEnTaL LoVe! We have the best Dental Following in the world and we wouldn’t be able to do what we do without you!
We think Dental Babes are perfect the way they are; but let’s be real, it’s no secret that getting healthy and losing weight is the most popular New Year’s Resolution. In fact, nearly 60% of American’s New Year’s Resolution are just that, but many of them find it hard to stick with it. Well, Dental Babes, we ate 10 too many Holiday cookies too, so we’re here to help.
We’ve put together a list of 7 simple things you can do to stay healthy while still living your dental life to the fullest!
1. JUST DO IT. Seriously, just do 30 minutes of Cardio at least 5 days a week and take the steps every chance you get – like walking to the sterilization room 5,000 times. *eye roll emoji* Not only will it get your heart pumping, it will increase your energy (even if you lowkey feel like you’re dying during it), it’ll burn off last night’s 3 glasses of wine and it will give you endorphins which makes you happy…
2. Four letters: Y O G A. We know, we know…We have two back to back physically exerting activities on this list *sighhhhhhhhhh.* But this one, you don’t have to do every day! Just do it once a week, preferably at the end or beginning of your work/school week. Why? Because as Dental Professionals, we constantly are sitting slouched over and our heads down. It’s not natural for our bodies and especially our spines. By stretching our bodies with yoga at least once a week, we’re taking tension off of our muscles and bones. It’s the least we can do for our bodies! Plus, it's a great way to relax, de-stress, and clear your mind after a long day of patients. NAMASTE - PS: Yogi's love crazy leggings and these TOOTHY LEGGINGS are perfect for the occasion.
3. Live an 80/20 life. It’s easier than you think – make healthy choices 80% of your week (aka Monday-Friday) and TREAT YO’SELF on the weekends! This doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy some cocktails and treats during the week, just be cautious of it! Like we said, it’s easier than you’d think and it makes a big difference! *CHEERS to the FrEaKiN' weekend*
4. PACK your meals! Don’t rely on Café meals and Fast Food drive-throughs. You’ll never know exactly how those foods are prepared or exactly what’s in them! Not only will it save you money, but you are more likely to stick to your nutritional plan.
5. Your Dental Squad is there for you on every step of your schooling and career, but they can also be there to motivate you and JOIN you in bettering your health and body! If there’s anything that makes running on a treadmill better, it’s having your Dental Bestie enduring it with you! It's a great way to get out your anger about yesterdays dental anatomy exam. "Did you catch the cusp of carabelli?!"
6. DRINK WATER. A ton of it! Like, at least 2 of these -------------->
Water detoxes your system, circulates the nutrients in your body and hydrates your body’s transportation system. Umm, and it cleans your mouth with every sip. Gooodbyeee acid.
7. Buy some new workout gear to motivate yourself! Obviously, you want to stand out at the gym. Show the gym who's boss and rock that dental profession with our new SAME SPIT DIFFERENT DAY tank.
WERK it, Dental Babe! We believe in you.